Summary: As a participant in the German exhibition Aero Friedrichshafen, the popular Mixed Reality platform frontline.io demonstrated how using MR can revolutionize the Aerospace field.
The aerospace industry is a high-tech, high-precision business. It deals with the complex process of designing, manufacturing, and testing aircraft and other equipment. The industry’s technological complexity is reflected in the high costs of product development and personnel training.
Mixed reality has changed the game for the sector by boosting the development of infrastructural and operational procedures. Mixed Reality (MR) interfaces combine physical and virtual surroundings in a number of ways to give psychological immersion in a setting that incorporates both physical and digital phenomena. The interplay between the virtual and physical worlds is referred to as mixed reality. The key drivers of success in the aerospace sector are workers, and mixed reality has become an important instrument for industrial staff training.
frontline.io is a premier training and support SaaS platform used by top manufacturers worldwide.
It provides cutting-edge tools that help deliver effective technical training & remote support, using innovative technologies including digital twinning, virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed reality while delivering effective technical training and remote support.
The set of tools by frontline.io, brings a wide range of benefits and advantages to its customers:
- As a software-as-a-service solution, frontline.io moves training and assistance from the physical to the virtual world.
- Organizations and customers can save a lot of money on training and support by using frontline.io.
- Mixed reality delivers 3D visuals to aid with problem discovery and digital repair manuals, and real-time engineer support. Mixed reality systems have had a substantial impact on the industry’s cost-efficiency and performance, hastening its growth.
- 3D Digital Twin helps companies build Digital Twin models by uploading 3D CAD files and generating 3D models of their products using this SaaS platform. Mixed reality enables the creation of 3D virtual training rooms where students can study and practice with various interactive tools at their own pace or in a group environment.
- Through a virtual replica that is identical to the actual mock-up generated throughout the aircraft’s design process, Mixed Reality enables the visualization and interaction with aircraft CAD geometry.
- Digital Twin is flexible and available on any platform, including PCs, mobile phones, the web, and AR/VR headsets.
- X-Ray View allows users to examine the internal components of their Digital Twin and its movements, flows, and theory of operations.
- To further understand how the pieces work, they can be virtually disassembled and moved around from their installed positions. Parts Manipulation is possible as any part of the 3D model can be easily extracted, moved, or isolated. Drag and drop parts to adjust their position and rotate numerous sections on your 3D model.
- Interactive flows help prepare interactive and technical processes, troubleshooting manuals, and tutorial guides. Author, manage and design your content and task flow with our intuitive drag-and-drop interface.
- AR Mode is perfect for virtually locating the Digital Twin in any place or location and checking it from any perspective using a mobile, tablet, or AR headset.
- Hot Spots allow access to a number of predefined Digital Twin point-of-views that focus on certain topics, including spark plugs, gearboxes, and oil filters.
- With the use of MR, information relevant to the task at hand may be displayed right within the trainee’s vision, resulting in higher-quality work. It enables experiential teaching, which boosts productivity while also enhancing information retention and the scope of real-time feedback.
- Aerospace engineers can use virtual training to study composite structures in a virtual environment, which helps them learn faster.
- In addition, the simulation provided by Mixed Reality applications aids in the recreation of difficult and risky events, allowing learners to be better prepared.
- Using powerful Augmented reality and mixed reality, several users can join remote assistance sessions to provide technical support from anywhere and at any time without having to physically visit the spot.
frontline.io aims to elevate training and support with the use of Mixed Reality in the Aerospace sector. It is an all-in-one platform that helps increase a team’s capabilities while saving time and money. It includes virtual 3D interactive training, augmented reality remote support, and real-time analytics.
frontline.io at the German Aero Friedrichshafen event
From April 27 to 30, frontline.io attended the German Aero Friedrichshafen, a prominent show for general aviation.